The ICSA currently has seven active members. They are:
- Association of Equipment Manufacturers [AEM]
- Crane Industry Council of Australia [CICA]
- Crane Rental Association of Canada (CRAC)
- The European association of abnormal road transport and mobile cranes [ESTA]
- European Federation of Material Handling [FEM]
- Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association [SC&RA]
- Japan Crane Association [JCA]
The ICSA’s role is to:
– Facilitate information sharing and meaningful dialogue between crane industry stakeholders on safety, technical and regulatory issues of concern to the International crane industry.
– Provide an environment for, and encourage the creation of, significant networking opportunities between industry stakeholders and promote consensus positions on behalf of the crane industry on issues of common concern, so that ICSA members can make representation to relevant regulatory and standardization bodies.
– Promote the harmonization of international standards
The meetings are held annually on a rotating schedule, usually linked to one of the major exhibitions. The users group and the manufacturers group meet separately in the morning followed by a joint meeting of both groups in the afternoon.
The last meeting was hosted by SC&RA – and held in Las Vegas during the 2020 CONEXPO-CON/AGG Trade Fair on 12 March 2020
The next ICSA meeting will be held as an online event on November 16th 2021.